Niclas Hedhman wrote:
On Tuesday 12 February 2008 02:35, Craig L Russell wrote:
The difference is that committers in a TLP have been granted this privilege based on their merit, not just by updating a wiki page saying that they're interested.

Actually, if/where this is the case, it is not proper. I want to only see past contributors on initial committer lists.

Therefore incubator policy should be to accept no proposals that do not
consist of existing code written by three or more authors.

This whole thread has fallen off-track.

My point was that different podlings, different TLPs have different
considerations for how commit access is handed out (and reaped at
some point in the future based on actual contribution).  My further
point is that we are fitting square pegs in round holes.

In projects where commit is handed out with ease, and that commit is
never used, at some point it should be reviewed (and this should happen
BEFORE graduation, as a precondition of graduation, not as a trigger
upon graduation).

Bill