Hi Niall,

Niall Pemberton wrote:
Firstly, I'm +1 on this release. I have a few minor
comments/suggestions which you may want to consider for the next
release (or not!)

1) Theres a parent pom for apache which if you make the parent of the
uimaj pom means you don't have to duplicate the license and
organization details in your poms:
   http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/

sounds good, we'll look into it.

2) The source distro unzips to directory "uimaj-2.2.2-incubating" and
the binary distro to "apache-uima" - which is inconsistent.

I don't recall if there was a reason for this, but I agree,
seems odd.  We'll follow up on uima-dev.

3) IMO its better if the jars include the version number - which they
do for the maven repo, but not the ones in the binary distro

I personally agree with you, but we had a long discussion about
this and the "no version numbers in jar names" faction carried
the day.  I believe the main reason is that it makes upgrading
to a new version easier, or switching between versions for
testing purposes.

--Thilo

Niall