On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 13:54 +0100, sebb wrote:

> > > Assuming that they have not included the jars incorrectly.
> > >

> >  I will check that the jars in question are those released by tomcat.
> >

> > > Perhaps it would be better to double-check with legal?
> > >

> >  If the jars are ASL licensed, I do not see the need. Correct me if I'm
> > wrong.
> >

> What I meant was - just because the jars are part of another Apache
> product does not necessarily mean that they are ASL licensed. One
> would hope that they are, but given some of the other postings in this
> thread I though it would be prudent to double-check this.

While I appreciate your concern and you are right, that you can not
simply take a jar from another Apache project and assume it is AL
licensed (you do can assume that you can bundle it with your project
and, as long as you have appropriate NOTICE and LICENSE.txt entries, you
can ship the result under AL. That is what our license is all about
BTW... :-) ), in this case, the servlet-api jar is built from

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/servletapi/tags/servlet2.4-jsp2.0-tc5.x/TOMCAT_5_5_27/jsr154

and the JSP API jar is built from

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/servletapi/tags/servlet2.4-jsp2.0-tc5.x/TOMCAT_5_5_27/jsr152

Please, can we lay this to rest? Thanks. :-)

        Ciao
                Henning