Hi Henning,

In fact the jars we had in our struts2-ext 1.0.3 release candidate were taken
from Tomcat 5.5. The manifest says:

        Manifest-Version: 1.0
        Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.5
        Created-By: 1.4.2_11-b06 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)

        Name: javax/servlet/
        Specification-Title: Java API for Servlets
        Specification-Version: 2.4
        Specification-Vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
        Implementation-Title: javax.servlet
        Implementation-Version: 2.4.public_draft
        Implementation-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation

Thomas investigated this and said it was not permitted to distribute those.
This was the main reason why he rejected the release.
Martijn agreed with that too.

@Thomas: since Tomcat is distributing them, why can't we?

Rainer