On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 13:54 +0100, sebb wrote:

> It's a pity that the Tomcat jars don't contain proper manifests + N &
> L files; I'll see about raising that with the Tomcat developers.

Huh, what?

On my freshly downloaded apache tomcat 5.5.27, the servlet API contains

Specification-Title: Java API for Servlets
Specification-Version: 2.4
Specification-Vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation-Title: javax.servlet
Implementation-Version: 2.4.public_draft
Implementation-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation

and the jsp API contains

Specification-Title: Java API for JavaServer Pages
Specification-Version: 2.0
Specification-Vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation-Title: javax.servlet.jsp
Implementation-Version: 2.0.public_draft
Implementation-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation

which clearly states what these files are, who built them and what they
implement. I'd even say that Tomcat is a fine example of compliance here
(I assume that the TCK tests this).

        Ciao
                Henning