El vie, 17-04-2009 a las 10:41 +0100, Robert Burrell Donkin escribió:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 12:07 AM, Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >>  * IPMC informally agrees that the opinion of any TLP prospectively
> >> admitting a graduating podling as a subproject is of great weight with
> >> regard to whether the aggregate community situation would meet volume +
> >> diversity requirements (apologies if this is hard to parse).
>
> i think that factoring in the total community would work when
> graduating as a sub-project of an existing TLP
>
> > Ok, I think the IPMC already is considering this to be a good idea, on
> > a case by case basis.
>
> i'm a little unhappy about the informality of this approach:
>
> 1. the incubator is now working ok for larger code bases which aim to
> graduate as TLPs so we need to take care over bending the rules
> 2. adopting this informally means that TLPs will still have the
> dilemma of the judgement call over small codebases with small
> communities

I feel happy that TLPs have to exercise judgement calls. They decide if
a small component is appropriate, the incubator handles IP clearance
oversight and they adopt the one/two committers, handing community
oversight. What is wrong? it is called empowerment, each TLP has a say
in things related to their code