Roy T. Fielding wrote:

I know, and they may be prevented (by former employee contract) from
talking about it until after Y! makes the code public. I would just
place it on the "wish list" of things to do before graduating.

Sounds good. Do I need to put more explicit into the proposal draft?

BTW, Traffic Server is a registered trademark (2304928) owned by
Yahoo! Is that trademark going to be assigned to the ASF as well
or does the project plan on changing the name?

So, legal is working on this, but it'll be a few days (at least) until we have a final answer. Rest assure that we'll come up with a resolution that satisfies everyone (that's what my VP told me).

Sorry, I did not mean to imply that acceptance was conditional
on the code quality. I am just interested in seeing if our
projects can help each other once the code is available under
the Apache License.

Ah yeah. There's a lot of interesting code in this project :). There is also a bunch of code that, ehm, needs much polishing, and there's definitely room to make lots of additions and improvements. I think it'll be a fun project to participate in, and I'm sure we can mutually learn from each others experiences.

If there is a scarcity of mentors, then I will mentor this project.
However, I'd prefer not to because my time is limited and I would
not want to short-change the project.

We already got two new mentors signed up (thanks to your posts to the httpd devel list I think). So, we're up to three now, how many do we need to be considered for a vote? Is there anything else missing?

Thanks!

-- leif