----- Original Message ----

Why do we need someone to dig up a URL to believe what infrastructure people
have
been saying consistently?  If we tell you something is best-practice, why do
*we*
have to defend ourselves?  Why aren't the people on the IPMC actually
*required* to
read /dev/release.html as a precondition to being put on this PMC?  Shouldn't
people
*know* what the actual position of the foundation is before running around
casting
foundation votes?

>   Until yesterday I think that
> some people didn't know (or agree with) the *right* way.   It has nothing to
> do
> with acknowledging Robert's work.    If we are going to come down on the
> podlings for not following the rules, then we should make sure that we give
> them
> straight talk on what the *right* definitive rules are.   That clearly didn't
> happen in this case.

Obviously I agree with you, which is why I'm working on the IPMC documentation
wrt. releases.  It's not the podling's fault for not understanding
best-practice,
that problem is a failure to educate via adopted documentation by this PMC.  The
release guide Robert has been working on, largely by himself, for the past 3
years
remains in DRAFT status.  That's something I intend to rectify ASAP.