J Aaron Farr wrote:
> On Fri 21 Aug 2009 14:58, ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What do people think about changing the poddling release voting
>> process so that there is just a single vote which is held on the
>> poddlings dev list instead of the dual voting we have now with a
>> poddling dev list vote followed by an general@ vote?
>
> My only concern is that we have some very great volunteers here on the
> general@ list who check release compliance and I doubt they want to deal
> with the traffic of every podling dev list.

Also, the release votes here are a great way for other podlings
to learn about the release process.  I learn a lot from the
discussions.  Particularly while the process is so fuzzy, it
helps if you can go to one central mailing list to find out
about past votes.  One might say it shouldn't be like this, but
I think this change should not come before release policies are
a bit more settled and repeatable in the incubator.

So while I can see your point, I would prefer to keep the voting
and the discussion at gene...@i.a.o.

--Thilo