-1

I try to check my podlings' releases personally, but I usually fail
where Sebb shines :). It is much easier to guide the addition of new
committers/ppmc members than it is to properly vet a *first* release.

The first release of any podling is an exercise of patience and
frustration, but it does bring a better understanding of the
importance of releasing, and how to vet releases. After a release has
been performed, scrutinized and torn apart by general@, all subsequent
releases are usually a walk in the park.

I also agree with Thilo that having these things on general@ is a good
can learn from others' misfortunes.

Martijn

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 8:58 AM, ant elder<ant.el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What do people think about changing the poddling release voting
> process so that there is just a single vote which is held on the
> poddlings dev list instead of the dual voting we have now with a
> poddling dev list vote followed by an general@ vote? This would be
> similar to the changes done recently for committer and PPMC votes
> which removed the dual voting and help empower the poddlings. There
> would of course still be the minimum requirement of 3 +1s from IPMC
> members, and a notification process so the IPMC is fully aware of the
> vote. Can work out the details of that later in a formal doc change
> proposal but first I'd like to see if there's much support for or
> against such a change?
>
>   ...ant

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.0