On 31/08/2009, Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  The Empire-db community has completed working on Release 2.0.5 and is
>  now looking for approval of the IPMC to publish the release.
>  So far the release has been approved by Empire-db committers, but due
>  to vacation time and other circumstances the Mentors are unable to
>  review the release. Hence in order to get this release out, we want to
>  get a bigger audience for vetting our release. We're hoping our
>  mentors will soon vote, but expect to need more binding votes from the
>  IPMC to make this release happen.
>
>  Since our previous attempt failed on general@ we prepared a new
>  release. All issues should be fixed except that we still have one
>  distribution archive which should not be a problem.
>
>  These are the major change from our previous 2.0.4 release:
>  - Maven project management
>  - New database handlers for Apache Derby, H2, PostgreSQL
>  - New Examples showing WebService integration using Apache CXF
>  - Unified distribution file for core and struts2 extensions.
>
>  Changelog:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/empire-db/tags/empire-db-parent-2.0.5-incubating/CHANGELOG.txt?revision=807889
>
>  Maven staging repository:
>  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/empire-db-staging-035/
>
>  Distribution files are located here
>  http://people.apache.org/~francisdb/empire-db/

The file "tutorial.pdf" says:

"If you are using the Eclipse IDE there is also an
Eclipse project file that allows you to open the project straight away. "

I could not find the project file ...

Also, just noticed that there is another version of the tutorial in
Word format (tutorial.doc).

This is stored in SVN alongside tutorial.pdf, but for some reason in
the archive the doc file is stored in one of the subdirectories, viz:
src/empire-db-examples. Not sure why one would need the proprietary
Word fomat document - surely anyone that can read Word can also read
PDF format files? - but if it is needed, seems to me it should be
alongside the PDF version of the file.

Not blockers, but should be fixed for a future release.