On 01/09/2009, Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [inline reply]
>

>  On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 5:14 PM, sebb<seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > The new release candidate uses exactly the same name for the artifacts
>  > and the SVN tag.
>  >
>  > This makes it very difficult to determine later what was actually voted on.
>

> Hmm, I don't see how this can be changed when using nexus, the Idea
>  there is to 'stage' a release and avoid it to be sent to the main
>  maven repo if it is not 100% correct. So for a 2.0.5 to get in there
>  we need to release as 2.0.5. And if this release fails I see no other
>  way than to start over using the same tags (renaming failed tag)
>  I could rename the tags to rc-1, rc-2 but that would not correspond to
>  the versions used in the pom's.
>
>  How do you suggest we do this?

No idea, but at least some other Incubator projects seem to manage
this OK, as shown by threads here.

>  > The NOTICE files in the jar files are not quite right; there is a
>  > spurious blank line (not a blocker) at the start (probably a bug in
>  > the Maven plugin) and the Project name is incomplete: it should be
>  > "Apache Empire-db ..." not "Empire-db ...".
>

> I'll fix this, I might have a clue on where that blank line comes from.
>

>  >>  Svn tag:
>  >>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/empire-db/tags/empire-db-parent-2.0.5-incubating/
>  >
>  > Lots of missing SVN properties (not a blocker)
>  > See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EMPIREDB-48
>

> Hmm, never used those props. Do we really need those? I'd like to see
>  this automated as we will probably forget about those in the future.

I've updated the JIRA issue comments.

>  > The SVN tag contains an "old" directory tree; if this is obsolete, it
>  > should be removed from trunk and the next tag.
>

> That folder contains some old pre-maven build stuff that I should
>  still have a look at before deleting it.
>  Do we really need to copy that over to our distribution file?

No, but the tag is supposed to correspond with the source archive.

I suggest you move the old files to a temporary branch or tag and
delete them when you are sure that they are not needed.