We have concluded that umbrellas are no good, and IIRC we have visited this
line of argument in the past, and perhaps it is time again.

My line is; for the sake of the projects, keep them reasonably small. Learn
the art of TAG, create a browse system where each project with the TAG shows
up, and decide suitable endorsed tags among the PMCs or Members.

-- Cheers
Niclas