>From my perspective, the incubator isn't a loophole around the
meritocracy approach of existing TLPs. Submitting a couple of patches
can't be to high a barrier for people new to the ASF and the code
base.

We regularly vote people in as committers if they contribute to felix
subprojects and typically, if we accept a larger piece of code as a
donation, we try to get the creator as a committer too. We did this
with Karaf recently.

I think felix is an excellent place for consolidating OSGi
spec-related development here at Apache since the community is in
place and very active.

regards,

Karl

--