Niall Pemberton wrote:
What we publish on the ASF websites
doesn't have to conform to the licensing policy that releases do.

I'm not talking about the website in general. I'm talking specifically about publishing content primarily intended for inclusion in releases. Would we permit someone to mirror other files from trunk on the website? What's special about documentation? It comes from contributors, we require an ICLA or some other indication of intent to submit under the Apache license, its changes are subject to vetos, etc. It's otherwise treated just like code.

Doug