Heya OpenCMIS folks,

Since it looks like you aren't currently supported by a champion or mentor [1], I thought I'd fill in a small part and inject some warm fuzzies...

*Thanks* for open sourcing your project and *thanks* for considering doing it at apache. Its always a lot of effort to go through this kind of public vetting and I'm sure the wider CMIS community will somehow benefit from you taking the time.

Though it may look like you're not really receiving the warm welcome you perhaps expected, this kind of discussion is quite normal when people (engineery types especially!) are excited about a topic...in some ways the only warm welcome we do is the "hot" welcome :)

So even if it doesn't feel that way, having this boatload of discussion is actually sort of good news -- you have sparked lots of interest and people are looking carefully at your proposal, Jukka's even looking at all the code in detail, that doesn't always happen ;)

It looks like you're doing a good job keeping it cool and answering questions. I'm sure there's a couple of days more work ahead to sort out what looks like a pretty complex discussion about the relationship between OpenCMIS and Chemistry. Keep at it!

cheers,

Leo

[1] no, you really don't want me as a mentor [2], so don't ask :)
[2] because I would offer you an opinion or two about CMIS and it'd all end in tears...