On Dec 12, 2009, at 1:36 PM, Michael Wechner wrote:

Stefane Fermigier schrieb:
OK, I personally believe this is in contradiction with the first commandment of the Apache Way:

"*Community over Code* is a frequent saying that exemplifies ASF projects. Community uses Openness and Merit, expressed through Collaborative and Consensus driven work, to build lasting projects that use a Pragmatic License. While a diverse community is a requirement for every ASF project, we also expect people to contribute as Individuals, and wear appropriate Hats."

I cannot see any contradiction. Can you explain where exactly you see the contradiction?

As I understand it, the Apache Way means that building consensus has more value than a code base that can be donated but can't be modified because, well, there are good reasons not to do it.

-> Let our Apache Foundation overlords decide.

who are you refering to?

I'm not familiar with the process, but I understand that some people are going to be responsible for deciding who will graduate and who won't.

I still think that at least there should be common code (ex: constants, as suggested by Jukka) and I hope that this will the case, in any case.

Maybe you want to go one step towards OpenCMIS and make a concrete suggestion what you think could be shared and I am quite certain the OpenCMIS guys will also make a step towards Chemistry as well .... and I am confident collaboration will happen, but yes somebody has to make a first step and maybe it is even an advantage to take this first step ;-)

I think suggestions have already been made.

  S.

Web: http://www.nuxeo.com/ - Tel: +33 1 40 33 79 87
New: follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/sfermigier