On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Paul Querna <p...@querna.org> wrote:
> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 2:20 PM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 06/05/2010, Paul Querna <p...@querna.org> wrote:
>>> The Apache Libcloud project is currently voting on our second release,
>>>  0.3.0.  As required by Incubator policy, we need IPMC approval for
>>>  this release.  There is a concurrent release vote ongoing on
>>>  <libcl...@incubator.apache.org>.
>>>
>>>  The current (passing) RAT output can be seen at:
>>>  <http://ci.apache.org/projects/libcloud/rat-output.txt>
>>
>> Which does not include many of the files in the release archive - e.g
>> none of the fixtures are included.
>>
>> I checked a few of these, and none of the json or XML files had AL headers.
>
> These are in the .ratignore, because all of these are test fixtures,
> returning raw data from API providers for the test cases, so adding AL
> headers would invalidate the tests.

To be clear, the tarball doesn't include the .ratignore file, so I'm
not sure running RAT over the generated tarballs will produce the
expected results.

The best test would be to run
svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/libcloud/tags/0.3.0
libcloud-0.3.0

and run RAT from there.

As documented in HACKING, the actual release tarballs are generated by
dist/release.sh, which doesn't include developer releated files like
.ratignore and .gitignore.

Thanks,

Paul