On 06/05/2010, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>  >  > On 06/05/2010, Paul Querna <p...@querna.org> wrote:
>  >  >> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Paul Querna <p...@querna.org> wrote:
>  >  >>  > On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 2:20 PM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  >>  >> On 06/05/2010, Paul Querna <p...@querna.org> wrote:
>  >  >>  >>> The Apache Libcloud project is currently voting on our second
> release,
>  >  >>  >>>  0.3.0.  As required by Incubator policy, we need IPMC approval
> for
>  >  >>  >>>  this release.  There is a concurrent release vote ongoing on
>  >  >>  >>>  <libcl...@incubator.apache.org>.
>  >  >>  >>>
>  >  >>  >>>  The current (passing) RAT output can be seen at:
>  >  >>  >>>  <http://ci.apache.org/projects/libcloud/rat-output.txt>
>  >  >>  >>
>  >  >>  >> Which does not include many of the files in the release archive -
> e.g
>  >  >>  >> none of the fixtures are included.
>  >  >>  >>
>  >  >>  >> I checked a few of these, and none of the json or XML files had AL
> headers.
>  >  >>  >
>  >  >>  > These are in the .ratignore, because all of these are test fixtures,
>  >  >>  > returning raw data from API providers for the test cases, so adding
> AL
>  >  >>  > headers would invalidate the tests.
>  >  >>
>  >  >
>  >  > Is that true of *all* the fixture files?
>  >
>  >
>  > Yes.  They are all used by our MockHTTPLayer as raw response bodies --
>  >  adding license blocks to them would make them different from what the
>  >  providers return.
>  >
>  >
>  >  >> To be clear, the tarball doesn't include the .ratignore file, so I'm
>  >  >>  not sure running RAT over the generated tarballs will produce the
>  >  >>  expected results.
>  >  >>
>  >  >>  The best test would be to run
>  >  >>  svn checkout
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/libcloud/tags/0.3.0
>  >  >>  libcloud-0.3.0
>  >  >>
>  >  >>  and run RAT from there.
>  >  >>
>  >  >>  As documented in HACKING, the actual release tarballs are generated by
>  >  >>  dist/release.sh, which doesn't include developer releated files like
>  >  >>  .ratignore and .gitignore.
>  >  >
>  >  > There is still the problem of the incorrect NOTICE file.
>  >
>  >
>  > I've fixed it in trunk:
>  >  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/libcloud/trunk/NOTICE
>  >
>  >  With just the NOTICE issue, do you maintain a -1 vote?

Also, I've just discovered that some (all?) of the license headers are
not standard AL headers, for example ec2_demo.py has the line:

# libcloud.org licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0

Surely this should be

#   The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0

Dunno why, but RAT does not detect this.