On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 11:43 AM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, just noticed that the SVN tree does not appear to have a copy of
> the LICENSE file.
> Normally this is stored alongside the NOTICE file at the top-level, i.e. in
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/shiro/trunk/
> Looks like the file was deleted in the following commit:
> r979180 | kaosko | 2010-07-26 07:45:44 +0100 (Mon, 26 Jul 2010) | 1 line
> Was this intentional?

Yes, that was intentional, see the commit message:
"Follow through on the suggestions given when 1.0.0 release was made.
Removed LICENSE.txt as that is added to the source distro via Apache
parent pom and its remote resource plugin configuration. Renamed
NOTICE.txt to NOTICE so it'll replace the default one. Note that
http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice indicates that the
LICENSE file needs to be present only in the source distro (and not in
svn as Sebb claimed) so we are ok. Also note that ant suggested
removing the SoftHashMap and Spring related comments completely from
NOTICE file but they are regarding copyrights so look fine to me, will
confirm on dev list."

If you can point out any documentation that says LICENSE will is
required in svn, I'll put it in otherwise I'll avoid the redundancy.
In any case, thanks for taking a look!

More recently, I also integrated apache-rat (the maven plugin) to our
build process.

Kalle