> Dunno if it's exactly documentation but see this from Roy Fielding....
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-26?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12732740#action_12732740
>
> Based on this I've been advising projects to put the apache LICENSE and and a
> NOTICE file that covers the actual contents of svn (i.e. not including stuff
> that is added to binaries as part of the build process) at expected svn
> checkout roots such as, here,
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/shiro/trunk.

Agreed. Me too...

> I don't consider this a barrier to graduation..

And agreed.

On Aug 16, 2010, at 2:18 PM, Kalle Korhonen wrote:

> RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
> hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of The
> Apache Shiro Project:
>
> * Les Hazlewood       (lhazlew...@apache.org)
> * Kalle Korhonen      (kao...@apache.org)
> * Peter Ledbrook      (pledbr...@apache.org)
> * Jeremy Haile        (jha...@apache.org)
> * Craig L Russell     (craig.russ...@oracle.com)

The "project" wording comes from the podling resolution template --
https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/templates/podling-tlp-resolution.txt

I assume the above project members are "PMC" members?

Mailing list discussions look good. You deserve medals for surviving the name
changes. Would be nice to hear from additional mentors.

Here's m +1

Good Luck!

--kevan