On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 09:31 +1000, Gav... wrote:

> [...]

Thinking this through, while the Incubator PMC may have /some/ say in
the name of a project, the real test is when it comes to graduation. At
that point, the project creation resolution will go in front of the
board, and they will have final say as to whether this project gets
created, and whether with the name proposed (see resolution for Axis
project, nee Axis2).

So, the big question about a podling name is really not a question of
what is the project called during incubation, but rather what will it be
called once it has graduated.

(Another interpretation: it ain't finally up to the incubator PMC.)

Just a reflection that I hope helps in some way.

Upayavira