On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 08:11, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 September 2010 12:39, dan haywood <d...@haywood-associates.co.uk> wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
>> And another benefit of putting user traffic on the dev list is that
>> it'll give the devs exposure to any probs that regular users are having with
>> actually using the framework (ie so we can mature its documentation etc)
>
> In ASF projects I would expect that developers are subscribed to both
> the dev and user lists anyway.

Nope. I cannot possibly keep up with us...@subversion.a.o. Haven't
been able to for *years*. There is an active user community that help
each other out, including many of the devs. Just not me.

For reference:

* Subversion created its dev list in April 2000.
* The user list was created in July 2003. 238 messages were posted that month.

As you can see, we waited a very long time before sending users to
their own list. Our dev list was very heavily trafficked by our users.
It kept the larger community together until the point where they could
safely work on their own.

Cheers,
-g