The formation of your community is a BIG DEAL. Not something to
casually sweep under the rug.

Partitioning the community between users and devs makes it very
difficult to establish a large, viable, sustainable community.

If projects arrive at the Incubator with an already-built user
community, then sure. Create separate lists. But small communities
should (IMO) stick to a single dev@ list until you can't handle the
traffic any more. If you started elsewhere with two lists, but your
list traffic is still "small", then I would recommend combining them
when arriving at the Incubator.

It is obviously a call for each podling to make, so I'm simply
recommending that all podlings consider the impact of dividing your
community when you ask for separate dev/user lists. I believe it is
rarely appropriate.

Cheers,
-g