On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 7:39 AM, dan haywood
<d...@haywood-associates.co.uk> wrote:

> For the moment at least the dev community is more active (or at least more
> vocal), so their mailing list should be the main focal point.  As I said in
> the other email, when we have more user traffic than dev traffic, then
> we can vote to split them out.

Why are we even having this discussion?  When did mailing lists become
such a heavyweight operation that we have to discuss at length whether
they should even exist?  Just create the user/dev/commits/issues lists
and be done with it.  If nobody uses the user list, so be it.  I think
it's just more confusing to start moving traffic from one list to
another.  Keep things consistent.

> And another benefit of putting user traffic on the dev list is that
> it'll give the devs exposure to any probs that regular users are having with
> actually using the framework (ie so we can mature its documentation etc)

The developers should be "listening" to the user list so that they can
answer questions.  They can't just hide in the dev list and not listen
to the community.