Andy Seaborne wrote:

On 12/11/10 08:40, Nick Kew wrote:

On 8 Nov 2010, at 23:36, Ross Gardler wrote:

I am pleased to offer, for your consideration, the following proposal to accept Jena, a semantic web framework into the incubator. The text of the proposal is copied here for your convenience and can be found at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/JenaProposal

Strong +1 in principle. I'd offer to mentor, but I see you now have plenty.

One niggle: have you clarified somewhere that all the dependencies
licenses are Apache-compatible?  The openjena.org page referenced
relies on references that are broken links!

Grr ... rotting links ...

Where?  I'll fix them ASAP.  Checking:

http://openjena.org/Licenses/index.html

Also (from the JenaProposal):

"The Jena GRDDL Reader has some additional dependencies: http://jena.sourceforge.net/grddl/license.html";

BrowserLauncher2 could be removed in favor of a much simpler approach
(i.e. write it in a file!).

What other Apache projects do in a similar situation (i.e. you want
to warn the user about some potential security issues and therefore
you ask the user to actively agree, press a button, etc. to make sure
the user reads it (I know, I know...))?

Can someone comment/advise in relation to these two?

 - http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/MPL-1.0.html (i.e. Saxon)
 - http://jena.sourceforge.net/grddl/neko-LICENSE.txt (i.e. CyberNeko
   HTML Parser)

Thanks,
Paolo

I found the links for JUnit and WoodSToX have rotted. Anything else gone bad?

    Andy