On 14/03/2011, at 10:49 PM, sebb wrote:

> On 14 March 2011 06:05, Adelita Padilla <apadi...@g2ix.net> wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> The Apache NPanday community has approved the 1.3-incubating release and we
>> are now looking for the approval of the IPMC to publish the release.
>>
>> These are the major changes included in this release:
>>
>> * Visual Studio 2010 and .Net 4.0 Framework support
>> * Removal of UAC and PAB directories
>>

>> Subversion tag:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/npanday/tags/npanday-1.3-incubating/
>
> NOTICE file still says 2011

Fixed in SVN. Not a blocker for the release, I imagine.

> There is no DISCLAIMER anywhere I could find.

Fixed in SVN. Liit, I suggest you add that to the release tarballs and re-sign
them. It seems like overkill to start the release over for this.

> Nor on the website, for that matter, though there is an Incubator logo.

Top right of http://incubator.apache.org/npanday/docs/1.3-incubating/index.html
and http://incubator.apache.org/npanday/index.html ?

I'm assuming you were looking at the old docs from the last release currently
linked from the site (since it was rolled back), which points out it came from
Codeplex.

> I think this is a blocker.
>

>> Staging repository:
>> http://vmbuild.apache.org/archiva/repository/staged-npanday/
>>

>> Distribution files are located here:
>> http://people.apache.org/~apadilla/npanday/1.3-incubating/
>
> The key is registered with public servers, but the name etc. should
> ideally have some reference to Apache:
>
> gpg: searching for "0X7580DCDB" from hkp server pgp.mit.edu
> (1)     apadilla (adelita) <apadi...@maestrodev.com>
>          2048 bit RSA key 7580DCDB, created: 2011-01-14
>
> I cannot find the KEYS file.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/npanday/project/KEYS
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/npanday/KEYS

I don't think all users mention Apache, but it'd be good for Liit to add her
ASF email address onto the key and resubmit it.

> The repository-builder files seem to contain chunks of a repository,
> and contain many non-ASF files. It's not clear if these all have
> compatible licences, and anyway they don't seem to be mentioned in the
> LICENSE file (or NOTICE, where necessary).
>
> Potential blocker.
>
> The MSI file also contains lots of 3rd party jars.

I referenced this here: http://markmail.org/message/sjlmw66a76phyn25

It's not ideal, but they are all redistributable in accordance with the legal
policy.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter