Am 06.06.2011 00:28, schrieb Simon Brouwer:
Op 5-6-2011 19:19, Christian Lippka schreef:
Hi Ralph,

Am 05.06.2011 18:46, schrieb Ralph Goers:
On Jun 5, 2011, at 8:59 AM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
I posted a similar statement yesterday. Personally, I think the traffic
on this list has settled  down a lot in the last 24 hours and is now
focusing in on topics more relevant to this list. But maybe that is just
because it was Saturday :-)
Most of the sniping^H^H^H^Hdiscussion has moved over to the libreoffice
lists at this point.

What I  am still waiting to hear on are:
1. The amount of code in the project that the grant didn't give to us
under the Apache License.
Not a blocker for starting incubation. IOW we don't ask for this level of
detail from other podlings.
It might be a blocker for my vote. You are, of course, free to vote differently. This is a much larger project than usually enters the incubator. I'm worried that if the project has too much of this kind of work to deal with it will kill the community.
If I understand you correctly, your question is if the supplied set of source files is missing something to
make this a working project.

As stated earlier, the list of source files provided look like a 1:1 copy from the mercurial repository available at OpenOffice.org.

I was looking at that, but I have the impression that the source code for a number of "external" projects is not present in the mercurial checkout and still has to be retrieved as part of the building process. There are makefiles, patches etc., but no source code worth mentioning, in subdirectories stlport, openssl, hunspell, libxslt...

It might be all of these: http://hg.services.openoffice.org/binaries/
Yes and no. Usually external project would be build in modules like stlport, openssl etc. The archives with the sources would be in the above url. But what is missing
are the patches to those external source archives.
Those patches usually contain modifications so that the source in questions builds in the OOo build environment and also on all platforms supported by OOo. Then it may also contain additional changes or fixes that are not yet upstreamed.