On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 06/06/2011 19:17, Danese Cooper wrote:
>>
>> Well...we were thinking about adding a track at
>> http://www.transfersummit.com/BarCamp
>>
>> which is in Europe...at least.
>
> Actually there are two separate events we are considering here, a Barcamp
> and the conference itself. I'm talking to the organisers now.
>
> (it seems with all the possibles we will get a certainty pretty quickly)

Those conferences are weeks away. If this project is given life, there
will then be less reason for changes to the current plan that could
improve the situation. It appears that "more discussion" is the only
proposal change offered so far.

"We'll work out these issues later. It is just some minor details.
Everyone will just work in whatever codebase and license they prefer.
We are all friends, right?"

In case it got lost in the flurry, here is the link to a piece of my
book that gives a Debian / Ubuntu case study on forks:
http://keithcu.com/wordpress/?page_id=558.

Kind regards,

-Keith