2011/6/7 <robert_w...@us.ibm.com>

> By my count we have now have over 60 individuals listed on as proposed
> committers for the Apache OpenOffice project.   I think this is a
> respectable start, though obviously the project will need to have a strong
> commitment to recruiting additional developers and growing the project
> further,
>
> On the list are many names on the list familiar to me, some from the
> OpenOffice.org community,  some ODF experts, some involved in training and
> certification, some in globalization,  some from downstream projects,
> commercial and open source, Symphony, RedOffice, EducOOo, even some TDF/LO
> names.
>
> There are also a lot of names that I do not recognize.  This is good as
> well.  I may have need of some new friends soon ;-)
>
> I think it would be good if the proposed committers who have not yet done
> so, could post a quick note to the list, to introduce yourself and your
> interest in this project.   Think of this as an opportunity to introduce
> yourself to your future collaborators on Apache OpenOffice.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob

On the OOo lists, it was good practice that *all* presented themselves,
even if they thought all right to be known.

It would be helpful, fair and "good for the spirit" on the ASF-OOo
lists to do it
in the same way in the future.

I think a person, starting such a thread, should set a good example. ;-)

sorry for DEnglish ;-) - I hope my portuguese is better ;-)

-- .- .-.

just me:
- not a hacker;-), studied business administration, University of
Saarbrücken, Germany
- former OOo Co-lead of the German project,
- Community member since SUN, initiated the comminity, documentation,
internationalisation,
  marketing, representation of OOo on show - CeBIT, LinuxTag,in
companies such as Bitburger
  Brewery (some in "incubator/OpenOfficeProposal" will remember),
COMMON Conferenz 2002 IBM
  e-Series meeting, Bad-Honnef, etc.
- European school projects with OOo ... with schools in Portugal,
Spain, Poland,Slovakia, Turkey,
  England,
- former head teacher of vocational schools
- business administration and computer science
- 7 years Latin America, São Paulo, Brazil and responsible for the
bilateral German vocational schools in Latin America (Mexico,
Guatemala, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina,
Paraguay and Uruguay)
- still good friends with a lot of TDF members;-)
- part-time and thus time for OS projects

Interested in helping:
Marketing, OOo in education sector, fundraising, documentation,
community formation, internationalisation (not code, but
documentation)