On Mon, 15 Aug 2011, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
but I have no access. According to the guide below mentors should be able to do it but it seems there is a further restriction?

It looks like someone needs to correct the guide you were following

If you look at the recent account creation notices you'll see the correct information:
   Please grant additional karma to the projects in your domain
   you wish the user to have commit to.

   Only PMC chairs (and, for podlings, also Infrastructure volunteers) can
   grant karma.  If needed, please post to the general@/dev@/private@ list
   of your project asking for someone with sufficient karma to grant
   access to <username>

Most projects have a mentor who can do it, but not all mentors can. Any chance you could edit whichever doc you followed?

Can anybody with write access update the auth file and add "leadpipe" to the OGNL podling please?

I've just gone to do that, and someone already has done for you :)

Nick