On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 1:40 AM, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 8:17 PM, Mohammad Nour El-Din
> <nour.moham...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi...
>>
>>   The idea sounds good in general more specifically that should be clear
>> and documented on the incubator site for future incubating projects. But,
>> IMHO, we should categorize projects mentioned in that list from very old to
>> recent ones and each group of mentors get in touch with their mentored
>> projects and get with some feedback about such plan, so we can be more fair
>> and give people a chance either to do some progress, more specifically for
>> recent incubated projects and even for the older projects to revive if that
>> is possible.
>>
>> Thoughts ?
>
> Nobody is proposing immediate expulsion of any PPMC based solely on a metric.
>
> On the other hand, it should not be a surprise to mentors that they
> are responsible for[1] "assessment of the Podling status with respect
> to continuation/exit strategy".  Reports for PPMCs that are older than
> a year should be expected to contain this information.  Repeated
> failure to include such information and/or demonstrate forward
> progress towards meeting these objectives should cause the Incubator
> (not the Board!) to take action.

I think this is more about pushing ourselves, and less about pushing podlings

The Incubator now has a process which works okay for many podlings.
The challenge now is to focus more effort on those cases where the
process isn't working. Metrics are useful in discovering and
highlighting sub-populations.

Robert