On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 05:11:37PM +0000, ant elder wrote:
> I now wonder what is the point of the source release at all, other than IDE
> debugging or reading APIs, for real development you'd ave to get the SVN
> tag.

I recall some very lengthy threads in 2007-2009 regarding whether our source
code repositories constitute a "distribution".  Our first line of defense is
that they are meant only for developers.

If an ASF project releases a product without accompanying full source, meaning
that users are forced to go to the repository to get the source code, that
weakens the legal protections upon which we all depend, no?

Marvin Humphrey