On 28 November 2011 02:01, Chris Douglas <cdoug...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 5:33 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I did not see anyone say RTFM, did you?
>
> That's how I read Ross's account of the Rave project (mentor pointed
> to the docs, RM read them, monthly releases bloomed). I don't think
> that was an ungenerous reading, but characterizing it as RTFM may have
> misrepresented its tone.

I think you missed a very important part of what I said, let me quote
the para you refer to:

"Rave achieved this because Ate Douma (mentor) pointed to the
appropriate docs. Matt Franklin read and understood the docs and did a
release. Ate watched and advised throughout the process."

Read the last sentence again "Ate watched and advised throughout the process".

My point is we can't expect the mentors to type everything over and
over again for every podling, that's why we have docs. We can (and
should) expect mentors to answer questions and point out errors in the
application of what is learned from the docs.

Ross