Hi Leo,

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 3:43 PM, Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com> wrote:
> ...* Adobe could unilaterally change the license for the flash player,
> the SWF format, and/or the prerequisite SDKs, and flex would become
> essentially useless....

Assuming this is true (I'm not saying it's not, but that's not
critical to this discussion), then I think your conclusion is the key
point:

> ...So is there a problem? I guess not. As long as the Apache Flex website
> makes all this clear enough and no-one makes a PR mess out of it or
> anything like that, I don't see any actual problem with the proposal....

As long as limitations like those you mention are not hidden (I would
actually push for them to be very openly exposed on the Apache Flex
website), I think it's fine to have Flex here, considering that
there's a community willing to work on it in the open.

-Bertrand