On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM, Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 02/04/2012 09:15 AM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
>> We both care about this stuff, which is why we keep replying. I'm happy
>> to continue to reply, so long as you are when I feel it's warranted. I've
>> ignored a few of them that I didn't have the energy to, but that's the point
>> of a mailing list. At the end of the day, I hope with the diligence and
>> effort
>> I've provided to reply to folks concerns (whether they think I've replied
>> or addressed them or not), I am basically brain dumping and trying to
>> not leave any question as to what my opinions are.
>
> Chris & others,
>
> Please do not feel obliged to answer every response to your messages
> here.  That does not scale well.  There are a lot of people who read
> this list.  Each message sent is equivalent to taking the floor in a
> meeting with all of these people in the room.  Please pause to consider
> that before responding or folks will start to leave this room.
>
> A best practice on a list with this many members is to respond
> thoughtfully on each thread just once per day.  Try to keep your
>  Then wait, giving folks who might only read the list once a day a
> chance to respond to each of your messages.  Use this time to gauge the
> general response of the community.  Then try to respond to the list as a
> whole rather than individually to each member of the list.

Chris is one with a radical suggestion, the others are many. It is
very likely, that the one with a radical suggestion needs to respond
to many questions/concerns/etc and needs more emails than the other
people. Acting like you said is a unbalanced discussion. If you have
problems with the content of this list subscribe to:
general-digest-subscribe
read the mail archive or try to get your email filter to work. Gmail
offers "mute"

Cheers
Christian
(one of the guys who can't follow all emails here)

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de