On Feb 5, 2012, at 8:00 PM, Luciano Resende wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Ate Douma <a...@douma.nu> wrote:
>>

>> I fully agree the current Incubator has its issues, but radically killing it
>> off IMO will also kill off more than just those issues: it will also kill
>> the Incubator community itself. Maybe ComDev can or actually then will have
>> to take over, but we should be really careful before breaking something down
>> without having a replacement 'safety net' in place.
>>
>> Ate
>>

> Yes, moving from one "Incubator" to "ComDev" will not really fix all
> the issues... but it seems that consensus is being built on this
> direction.

I don't agree that consensus is being built on that direction or any other.  At
this point I only see consensus on giving podlings more autonomy and authority.
 The disagreement seems to be that some want podlings to essentially be a TLP
from the beginning while others prefer transitioning them from podling to TLP
but faster than happens today.

FWIW, I'm in complete agreement with Jim's message from early this morning
which i read as effectively saying, the IPMC should not be worrying so much
about how podlings are doing but about how mentors are doing.

Ralph