Greg, from a legal standpoint I'm not 100% sattisfied.

Having a com.cloudera package in any Apache project is imo a show stopper. This
should not have been passing the IP clearance at all.

Cloudera is a company, and thus a trademark.

If we write software and use the com.cloudera package name, then we might
breach their trademark, right?

This is also true for other projects which have a trademark in their package
names.
So even if they didn't sue us yet, I guess they could force us to drop those
packages at any time.

LieGrue,
strub