On 12 April 2012 08:59, ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 8:37 AM, Ross Gardler
> <rgard...@opendirective.com> wrote:
>> On 12 April 2012 07:48, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> Sorry, I can't remain mute, but I offended anyone, sorry, but this was
>>> wrongly done. I don't know a better way....
>>
>> As one of the "inner circle" I am not offended. All your points are
>> valid. Thank you for sharing them.
>>
>> This was the first and, in all likelihood the last time such an
>> unusual circumstance will arise. There is no right or wrong way of
>> handling these things.
>>
>> Had we included x then y would have felt excluded, this is what we are
>> seeing here. However, the line must be drawn somewhere.
>>

> Surely at the ASF the line is at PMC membership. If only a subset of
> the PPMC is trusted enough to be part of some inner circle then the
> PPMC should be disbanded and reformed from just that inner circle.

This is a podling with a very unusual history. it is not as simple as
that. However, your general observation is a valid one. The time for
addressing this is during incubation when it becomes possible to
determine who is contributing positively to the running of the PPMC.

> Equally for the Incubator PMC, if Noel or who ever was chair should
> have been told then the Incubator PMC should have been included.

Yes, I've already acknowledged that in retrospect this should have
been the case.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)