Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Noah Slater wrote:
> >
> > Can we not run the cronjob ever day and have it wake up, do some date math,
> > and then go back to sleep unless the moment is right. The moment being
> > right defined as 72 hours before the deadline.
>
> We can, as soon as we have a patch. :-)
>
> Hopefully someone who knows the script better (where it's located,
> run, etc.) will fill in details on how one would go about writing such
> a patch.

I do not know, but provided some hints earlier in this thread.
Did some detective work today:

The Incubator stuff was merged into the main 'marvin' reminder script
in November 2011 and February 2012.

See:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/trunk/tools/board_reminders/

It gets the lists of which podling is due each month, via the
report_due_[1-3].txt
files which are maintained by Clutch, using the data gathered from
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/content/podlings.xml

See:
http://incubator.apache.org/clutch.html#data

-David