Benson,

I will remind the IPMC that seven months ago the specter of retirement was
raised.  A lengthy discussion ensued.  Consensus was garnered.  We even added
committers with the hopes of infusing new energy into the project.

Sometimes, you just can't get ultimate consensus on retirement and you have to
resolve issues with a vote.  By *all* of the PPMC members admission, they have
no time to work on this project.  Eric simply wanted to wait a while and hope
for some miracle to happen.

If Eric and other PPMC members had the time to do the work, we wouldn't be
where we are today.

Regards,
Alan