On Nov 27, 2012, at 4:13 AM, Bernd Fondermann wrote:

>> I will accept the voting result from IPMC,
>> and I wish IPMC would use better human sense to enable future project to
>> flourish.
>
> This sounds like you're frustrated with your mentors. I'm sorry for
> that and take part of the responsibility of Chukwa's failure. But
> really only a part.

I take an oblique offense to this statement.  It is the responsibility of the
project's community to get things off the ground.  Mentors can make the extra
effort, to be sure.  But we have to be careful about becoming a crutch.

Sometimes bad things happen to good projects.  Eric has been heroic in trying
to keep things afloat but sometimes that dog won't hunt.

We as a IPMC have to be prepared for the time when a podling just won't get off
the ground and everyone but a lone developer sees it.

Regards,
Alan