I did a search on issues updated in the past 6 month, and here is the list:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+CHUKWA+AND+resolution+in+%28Unresolved%2C+Fixed%2C+%22Won%27t+Fix%22%29+AND+updated+%3E%3D+-180d+ORDER+BY+reporter+ASC%2C+key+DESC

The community is moving forward with development even without my
involvement.  I have only written code for 4 of 29 JIRAs.  I don't think I
am only one that is involved in this project.  There are others that are
working on this project at their own pace.  Some people may have been turn
away from this project because the assumption that this project would be
retired soon.  I am not sure how to fix this mental block that was
implanted previously by past concerns.

If Chukwa is here to stay in Apache, I would recommend to make new releases
of Chukwa to improve the community involvement.  In terms of new features,
there are some data analysis examples of collected logs could also show
developers how to use Chukwa and Hadoop related technologies together to
generate insights from collected logs.  I volunteer to make releases and
let the community contributors steer the direction of the development.  Of
course, this plan can only carry out  base on the voting result in
general@incubator.

regards,
Eric