On 29.01.2013 09:53, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> David Crossley wrote on Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 16:12:34 +1100:
>> You are striking the same type of problems that Clutch has
>> needed to deal with over the years. In general, the state of
>> podling metadata is not reliable. That is something that we
>> need to get podling developers interested with.
>>
> I have a current example.  Flex and Wink haven't updated their
> podlings.xml entries to
>     status="graduated"
> , therefore certain infra scripts still consider them podlings rather
> than PMCs.

Nor had PhotArk updated its entry to "retired" until I did that
yesterday to get rid of one of the warnings.

I'm not actually all that worried. The worst that can happen in the case
of the voter script is that some votes don't get recorded, or are
recorded later than expected. The script does emit warnings if it sees
strangeness; I /could/ teach it to send the warnings to the podling's
dev list (if known), cc: general@. But I'd rather not open the spam
floodgates unless people really want me to.

-- Brane