On 31.01.2013 15:12, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 2:30 PM, Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> wrote:

>>> It looks very cool.
>>>
>>> What if whimsy would generate the html and we would "include" it with
>>> a small javascript snipped? I can provide such a snippet, if wanted
>> Personally I'd rather have whatever process is updating the regular
>> Incubator site create the vote status page in-place. I added a separate
>> target to the Ant build file specifically for that purpose -- so that
>> only that page can be updated without affecting the rest of the site,
>> and therefore this can be done more often than once a day.
> So you would commit this page all four hours automatically?

Not at all. Notice that the embedded example is /not/ the real incubator
site but a copy in my homedir on minotaur. The idea is obviously to not
commit either the generated XML template, nor the even-more-generated
HTML file.

>> That way you don't have to keep track of stylesheet changes, etc.
> The same is true for including a HTML snipped. I am speaking of
> including the raw table only and leave the formatting to the main
> incubator page.
> however, if you like to do it otherwise go for it. Every saved minute
> is good for me :-)

Most of the rest of the site is nice and static. It'd be a shame not to
keep it so.

I guess it's best if I ping infra and ask about getting this done (or
probably file an INFRA ticket). Infra are also in the best position to
know if we can have the page regenerated more often, e.g., once an hour.

-- Brane