On 1 February 2013 16:29, Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 01.02.2013 17:01, sebb wrote:

>>> And it's done. An embedded status page is created on minotaur and
>>> dynamically embedded into the new vote status page. There are only two
>>> issues:
>>>
>>>   * It'll take a while for this to show up, since the incubator site
>>>     refreshes once a day (?); in the meantime, the embedded status link
>>>     will be dead.
>> It updates immediately, provided that you publish any changes.
>>
>>>   * The embedded content gets loaded from people.apache.org, not
>>>     incubator.apache.org; AIUI that'll cause browsers to portend
>>>     disaster and in some cases refuse to load the vote status. This
>>>     should be fixed, suggestions welcome.
>> The use of target=_blank causes a new window to created each time the
>> link is clicked; that seems wrong.
>
> Yes, I just noticed that; copy-paste bug from the standalone page link,
> will fix.
>
>> Also, it does not work in Firefox. Or Chrome. Or Opera. Or IE.
>
> That's caused by the the access control constraints, as I point out in
> the text you quoted. I tried circumventing that in .htaccess, but the
> incubator site config doesn't load mod_headers, so that won't help.

However, in that case surely it ought to display an error message?

There is some code that looks as though it tries to report the error:

if (fragment_loader.status != 200)
    html = "<p>Content is not available</p>";
else {
    container = document.getElementById("voter").parentNode;
    container.innerHTML = fragment_loader.responseText;
}

That looks wrong - why is the error written to a different variable?
Should it not be something like:

container = document.getElementById("voter").parentNode;
if (fragment_loader.status != 200) {
    container.innerHTML = "<p>Content is not available</p>";
} else {