Branko Čibej wrote on Sat, Feb 02, 2013 at 18:06:11 +0100:
> On 02.02.2013 16:29, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> > Branko Čibej wrote on Sat, Feb 02, 2013 at 11:01:42 +0100:
> >> I'm all for moving this from minotaur to whimsy, and do suggest we
> > whimsy doesn't have the public-arch tree locally.
>
> Thanks for reminding me again ... silly me.
>
> >> change the incubator.a.o server config so that the votes table can be
> >> fetched from there.
> >>
> > Not specific enough to comment on.  (Change how?)
>
> Either:
>
>     LoadModule headers_module /.../mod_headers.so
>
>     I've already put the following in the .htaccess file:
>
>     <IfModule mod_headers.c>
>     # Allow remote content from people.apache.org in order to fetch vote
> status
>     Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "http://people.apache.org";
>     </IfModule>
>
> Or:
>
>     ProxyPass /remote/embedded-votes.html
> http://people.apache.org/~brane/incubator/embedded-votes.html
>
>     and I'll change the URL of the generated table in votes.xml.
>
> A simple redirect will of course not work, as it triggers the same
> access restriction. The proxy solution doesn't open the door as wide,
> but I expect it's slightly more expensive than adding a header to the
> response. Either way should work.

Thanks for the config snippets, but my opinion is unchanged: if this is
to be available via http://incubator.apache.org/, it should get
committed somewhere.  (This will be consistent with how every docroot on
the www box works)  For your use-case it would be ok have a cron'd
buildbot job that commits directly to the production tree --- that's how
the twitter feed on www.apache.org gets updated.

The alternative would be to leave the code on people.a.o or add some
"rsync minotaur:public-arch/ ./" calls and move it to whimsy.

Or feel free to ask site-dev@ or infra@ for other opinions.

Daniel