On 31.01.2013 17:18, Branko Čibej wrote:
> On 31.01.2013 16:51, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
>> Branko Čibej wrote on Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 16:40:14 +0100:
>>> I guess it's best if I ping infra and ask about getting this done (or
>>> probably file an INFRA ticket). Infra are also in the best position to
>>> know if we can have the page regenerated more often, e.g., once an hour.
>> The first issue I see is that your script assumes it has local access to
>> the public-arch tree, so it can only run on minotaur (or on the
>> mail-archives.a.o box).
> Ah, that's a good enough point for doing the dynamic-include thing.
> Initially I thought I'd be downloading the mboxes from mail-archives,
> but ... local access is soo much faster and easier.
>
> I'll make it work as Christian suggested then.

And it's done. An embedded status page is created on minotaur and
dynamically embedded into the new vote status page. There are only two
issues:

  * It'll take a while for this to show up, since the incubator site
    refreshes once a day (?); in the meantime, the embedded status link
    will be dead.
  * The embedded content gets loaded from people.apache.org, not
    incubator.apache.org; AIUI that'll cause browsers to portend
    disaster and in some cases refuse to load the vote status. This
    should be fixed, suggestions welcome.

In the meantime I managed to speed up mbox parsing by several orders of
magnitude, so I now update the status page once every hour.

-- Brane