On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 8:52 AM, Alan Cabrera <a...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> Problem: podlings are confused on where to go when there's a problem.
>
> Cause: we seem to collect/handle/organize problems in an ad hoc manner  and
> sometimes mentors are the problem.
>
> Solution: we create an elected Incubator Ombudsman.

This is in fact one of the central responsibilities of any PMC chair at
Apache, including the IPMC chair.

    http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#chair

    Remember that, as in any meeting, the chair is a facilitator and their
    role within the PMC is to ensure that everyone has a chance to be heard
    and to enable meetings to flow smoothly. There is no concept of "leader"
    in the Apache way.

The title of "Vice President" is misleading, as the chair is much more of an
ombudsman than a decision maker.

If there is confusion, it may be worthwhile to emphasize the ombudsman aspect
of the chair position.

Marvin Humphrey