On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 01:44:14PM -0700, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2013, at 9:41 AM, Alan Cabrera wrote:
>
> > I would prefer to use well known names for well known roles.  Ombudsman is
> > a roll that's been around for quite a while and the person filling that
> > role for the ASF will be doing roughly the same thing as ombudsman in other
> > organizations.
> >
> > With that said, I will agree that if everything is running fine, the
> > ombudsman is pretty much watching Oprah re-runs.  Hopefully we will all
> > work hard so this person will have the time to catch up.  ;)
> >
> > However, I will point out that my proposal has come about from concrete
> > personal experience and the experiences that others have personally related
> > to me.  I will also point out that it seems to me that those who are
> > opposed or, at best, lukewarm to the idea are well established and well
> > connected individuals in the ASF sphere.
>
> +1.
>
> How should we "bless" our Ombudsmen? On private@? Do we have more than one?
> If so what is the limit?

I don't think you have that problem yet -- I don't see a mob banging on the
doors of this thread crying, "Me! Me!".

Personally I suggest KISS.  Set up the alias, have it target 2 people,
advertise it on the web site, move on.  This email took me 200% as long to type
than it would have taken me to set up the actual alias...

ssh -t hermes.apache.org sudo -u apmail tee
\~apmail/.qmail-incubator-ombudsm\{a,e\}n <<<
$'w...@apache.org\ndanie...@apache.org\n'